2022 Memberships coming soon!
Please Note: 2022 Friends of Theatre North memberships will become available from Tue 16 Nov at the Theatre North program launch. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Friends of Theatre North are champions of the Princess Theatre, one of the state's great cultural icons.
Become a Friend of Theatre North to access ticket discounts to shows presented by Theatre North, and receive other great benefits!
2021 membership rates are $35 for a single membership and $65 for a double (regardless of relationship status!).
- access to terrific discounts on tickets
- an extra discounted ticket: a single membership can receive 2 discounted tickets, a double membership can receive 4.
- enjoy a drink on us with your Princess Theatre Bar Card.
- invitations to special Friends-only events
- free entry to our Conversations with Friends series
- access to exclusive pre-sale periods on selected shows
- join our Friends Social Committee to help with the organisation of some truly special fundraising and social events
1) Simply click the red Ticket link above and purchase your Single or Double membership
2) Once the transaction is completed, your membership will be attached to your Theatre North patron account.
3) For first time buyers on line, please sign up for an online patron account ( follow the prompts online once you have selected your membership)
You will need a valid email address and please make a note of your password!
4) To access Friends’ discounts, simply select to buy any of the Theatre North Season events and log back into your patron account and your available discounts will appear for selection under the Friends Buyer type(s)
5) If you wish to sit with friends or family, do let our Box Office know or book online together.”
Join now and membership is valid until 31 December each year.
The Friends of Theatre North have had an active year providing support for Theatre North initiatives and opportunities for members to add value to their theatre experiences. Thanks go to the small dedicated bunch of committee members who work to make this happen.
The expansion of the Conversations with Friends program to include some evening sessions has proved popular, allowing a different demographic to socialise and enjoy theatre chat.
Our speakers in 2020 have been of the highest calibre, all extremely engaging and entertaining. The plan going forward is to record and podcast these sessions, in partnership with City Park Radio, so more people can enjoy and benefit from the knowledge our speakers have to share.
As always, thanks go to the band of helpers who assist with bar and catering for our events, and the FOTN committee. Contributing like this is a fun and practical way to be involved and assist our beloved theatre.
Friends support the Poetry Readings evenings held at the Hotel Grand Chancellor. They have been well supported and extremely entertaining sessions this year covering a wide range of topics. Our thanks go to Cameron Hindrum and Michael Edgar for curating these evenings.
Look out each December for the sellout event - Christmas Trivia! - and become a member today to value add to your Theatre North experience.
- Gina McKenzie, Convenor