15 Oct 2017 - 10 Mar 2018
YOUNG TALENT ON STAGE
STRUT YOUR STUFF!
Theatre North at the Princess and Festivale present
RAW3! YOUNG TALENT ON STAGE
A Busking Competition for young amateur performers
IF YOU ARE:
- Aged 16 to 35
- Not a full-time professional performer
- And have a fantastic voice, a dance routine, a circus or magic act, play an instrument (solo or in a band), or you are a stand-up comedian – in fact if you’ve got talent as a performer of any kind
GET A GIG A FESTIVALE IN 2018!
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE
In February this year, the RAW2! Young Talent on Stage busking competition saw an amazing set of finalists perform at Festivale. We hope to see even more talent in 2018's RAW3!
There is clearly an abundance of talent in Tasmania and we encourage performers of all kinds to put themselves out there and "strut their stuff"!
Judges include noted professionals from the arts and entertainment industry.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- This competition is not open to full-time professional performers
- Competitors must be aged from 16 to 35 between January and March 2018
- Each performance must be no longer than 6 minutes, including setting up
- Performances which include animals, firearms, fire or any element that could constitute a health & safety risk will not be eligible
- Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges through an audition process
- Finalists must be available to compete at Festivale on Saturday 3 February 11am to 3pm 2018
- The competition will be held at the Festivale KPMG Stage, Launceston City Park and all performances must fit on to the performance area (7.2m x 7.2m)
- Winner(s) must be available to perform at 3.45pm for 30 minutes on the day of the competition. APRA Music Use Report forms will be distributed for your completion on the day, to be handed to the Stage Manager.
- Only microphones and a PA system will be supplied by VJAM
- Performers’ electrical instruments must be tagged and tested
- The competition will be judged by a panel of three judges whose decision will be final
- Winners and up to four runners-up must be available to perform at a Winners Concert at the Earl Arts Centre on Saturday 10 March 2018
- Finalists may have their performances recorded and these recordings may be used by Theatre North Inc. for marketing purposes
- Publicity material must be submitted by the winner and runners up after the competition for use by Theatre North Inc. for marketing purposes
- All competitors must sign up as Volunteers of Theatre North Inc. unless they have their own insurance cover for public performance
- star in a concert at the Earl Arts Centre
- be part of the 2018 Subscription Season of Theatre North at the Princess
- receive complimentary double passes to other selected shows in the 2018 Subscription Season
- be considered for inclusion in the 2019 Festivale program
- and enjoy other performance opportunities
This project pays homage to the abundance of young talent in the state and offers them an opportunity to perform in public and gain confidence.
From 16 November 2017, subscribe to this show and at least one other production in the 2018 Subscription Season to receive exclusive subscriber discounts and special offers.
VenueFESTIVALE KPMG STAGE & EARL ARTS CENTRE
Friday 13 October 2017:
Application forms available to download HERE or from the Princess Theatre Box Office
Friday 5 January 2018, 5pm:
Deadline for audition applications to be returned in person to the Princess Theatre Box Office or received by post to
Theatre North Inc,
57 Brisbane St
Launceston TAS 7250
or by email to email@example.com
Saturday 20 January 2018:
Auditions at Earl Arts Centre to select finalists
Saturday 3 February, 12pm:
Finalists perform on KPMG Stage at Festivale
(Performers must meet at the Tamar Street entrance at 10.45am to collect their entry ticket and meet at the KPMG stage at 11am)
Saturday 10 March, 7.30pm:
Winners’ Concert at the Earl Arts Centre
Tickets / Prices
Saturday 3 February, 12 noon – Festivale
Festivale admission ticket required for entry
Saturday 10 March, 7.30pm – Earl Arts Centre
Subscriber Full $18
Subscriber Concession $12
Subscriber Student $10
Theatre North at the Princess
Apply NOW for an audition!
Download application form HERE
Greg Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Bec Howard email@example.com
THEATRE NORTH INC. PRINCESS THEATRE
57 Brisbane Street Launceston Tasmania 7250
Ph: 03 6331 0052
Running Time2 hours (both events)
Other Coming Events
A DONATION WITH A LASTING LEGACY
30 Nov 2016 - 1 Dec 2016
20 Oct 2017
GRAND INTERNATIONAL CONCERTS
21 Oct 2017
A Musical Tribute to Loretta Lynn
24 Oct 2017
FREE EVENT. ALL WELCOME!
25 Oct 2017
ENCORE THEATRE COMPANY
27 Oct 2017 - 11 Nov 2017
10 Year Anniversary Tour
31 Oct 2017
Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
2 Nov 2017
4 Nov 2017
Direct from the USA...
5 Nov 2017
A Tribute to Cat Stevens
11 Nov 2017
FREE EVENT! ALL WELCOME!
16 Nov 2017
17 Nov 2017
Melbourne City Ballet
18 Nov 2017
22 Nov 2017
24 Nov 2017
DANCE ACADEMY 34
8 Dec 2017
Teddy Tahu Rhodes: Christmas Concert
13 Dec 2017
24 Jan 2018
The Best Of, Ultimate, Gold, Greatest Hi...
21 Feb 2018
GHOST ROCK TASMANIA
24 Feb 2018